As employers we take our obligations and responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation very seriously.
Our objective is to provide our Employees, Sub-contractors, Site Personnel and Clients with both a safe working environment and a safe system of work. We regularly review our working practices to ensure that best practices are adhered to or adopted and that safety hazards are identified and accidents so far as reasonably practicable are avoided. In particular we regularly monitor the safety of any equipment or machinery provided for use to employees or by Sub Contractors.
Equipment and machinery
All equipment and machinery provided by us complies with the appropriate UK standards and is designed or adapted for the purpose for which it is used.
All employees who use or supervise the use of such equipment or machinery are properly trained in its use including Health and Safety considerations.
Health and Safety guidance is given to all new employees upon joining us and regular refresher updating sessions are held for existing employees and sub-contractors.
Employees too have safety responsibilities. They are obliged to take reasonable care for their own safety and for the safety of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. All our employees and sub-contractors are bound to follow these basic guidelines as standard:
assistTec Health & Safety Policy
As employers we are committed to ensuring all of our people, whether employees or sub-contractors, all comply with our Health & Safety policy.
- Providing safe equipment and strong management systems
- Ensuring safe methods of handling, storage and transport of articles of goods
- Providing employees and sub-contractors with information, instruction and training
- Ensuring all employees and sub contractors have passed the ECA Health & Safety Test
- Regular “tool box” talks when working on site
- Ensuring all employees and sub contractors hold the relevant JIB Card
- Ensuring only correctly IPAF and PASMA badged personnel are used when required
- and finally and most importantly
- Be constantly aware of how our work environment impacts onto the daily routine of our customers and their employees, etc.
Public Liability Insurance
We have full and comprehensive public liability insurance of £5,000,000, which is regularly reviewed to ensure adequate cover.